Mark C. Tanenbaum
- Attorney at Law, 1981
- Plaintiffs Civil Trial Practice in all State and Federal Courts
- Medical Malpractice
- Maritime and Admiralty
- Products Liability
- Personal Injury Law
Mark has spoken on various topics involving trials, discovery, direct and cross examination, damages and other litigation topics to the Defense Research Institute; the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers; the South Carolina Association for Justice; the University of South Carolina School of Law; the Charleston School of Law; various claims associations; and the Charleston County Bar Association.
He has also been admitted pro hac vice to various courts in the country including Florida, North Carolina, Missouri, and West Virginia. Mark specializes in personal injury and product liability litigation and handles cases throughout the state and country. He has handled cases involving Bad Faith denial of insurance benefits throughout his career and has even represented insurance companies in litigation against their E & O insurers.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina
- J.D. - 1973
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- B.A. - 1969
- South Carolina, 1973
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1974
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1985
- Denaux v. U.S., 572 F.Supp. 659, 1983, D.C.S.C., 1983145175
- Holmes v. Rosner, 346 S.E.2d 37, 1986, S.C.App., 1986137672
- Ancrum v. U.S. Fidelity & Guar. Co., 389 S.E.2d 645, 1989, S.C., 1990057187
- U.S. Fidelity & Guar. Co. v. Patriot's Point Development Authority, 772 F.Supp. 1565, 1991, D.S.C., 1991150821
- Bates v. Merritt Seafood, Inc., 663 F.Supp. 915, 1987, D.S.C., 1987083260
- Hartsock v. Am. Auto. Ins. Co., 788 F. Supp. 2d 447 , 2011, D.S.C.
- Beach v. Atlas Van Lines, Inc. (In re Household Goods Movers Antitrust Litig.) , U.S. Dist. LEXIS 21458 , 2011, D.S.C.
- Beach v. Atlas Van Lines, Inc. (In re Household Goods Movers Antitrust Litig.) , U.S. Dist. LEXIS 131302 , 2009, D.S.C.
- Dema v. Tenet Physician Services-Hilton Head, Inc., 678 S.E.2d 430 , 2009, S.C.
- Beachfront Entm't, Inc. v. Town of Sullivan's Island, 666 S.E.2d 912 , 2008, S.C.
- Runkle v. Genesis Worldwide II, Inc., 143 Fed. Appx. 515, 2005 U.S. App. LEXIS 15338 , 2005, 4th Cir. S.C.
- Jones v. Allstate Ins. Co., 258 F. Supp. 2d 424 , 2003, D.S.C.
- Charleston County, SC, Assistant, Public Defender, 1974 to 1975
- Gibbs, Gaillard, Rowell & Tanenbaum, Partner, 1975 to 1980
- American Bar Association
- The American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Past Sustaining Member
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group, Past Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Past Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates, President, Charleston Chapter
- South Carolina Association for Justice, Member, Board of Governors, 1989 to 1995
- South Carolina Association for Justice, Executive Committee, 1990 to 1991
- South Carolina Association for Justice, Chairman, Ethics & Civility Committee, 1991 to 1995
- South Carolina Bar, Member, House of Delegates, 1990 to 1992
- South Bar Committee on Rules of Civil Procedure
- Charleston County Bar Association, Member, Executive Committee, 1988 to 1989
- Common Pleas Liaison Committee, Chairman, 1988 to 1991
- Common Pleas Liaison Committee, President-Elect, 2002
- Common Pleas Liaison Committee, President, 2003
Pro Bono Activities
- Member: Board of Directors, Ashley Hall Foundation, 1990 to 1999; Secretary 1996 – 1999
- Board of Directors, Interfaith Crisis Ministries, 1996 to 2001
- Chairman, Charleston Jewish Federation Campaign, Men’s Division, 2001, 2002
- Board of Directors and Executive Committee Jewish Studies Center and Jewish Studies Program, College of Charleston, 1999 to present
- Selected to South Carolina Super Lawyers - Mark C. Tanenbaum - 2008 - Present
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers, State Chair, 2011 to 2013
- Best Lawyers in America
- AV-Preeminent Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers