Product Liability Lawyer In Charleston, SC
All US manufacturers must follow product design, production, and function safety regulations. When a consumer is injured by a defective or poorly designed product, the manufacturer, retailer, or designer could be found liable in a product liability lawsuit.
The Charleston product liability lawyers at Mark Tanenbaum’s office have decades of experience holding negligent product manufacturers responsible for injuring their customers. Learn more about South Carolina product liability claims, then contact one of our skilled Charleston lawyers to find out how financial justice could be yours soon.
What Is The Legal Basis For A South Carolina Product Liability Claim?
In South Carolina, product liability claims can be filed under several legal theories. They are:
- Design defects: When there is a design defect, liability can come into play from a mistake in the design that makes the product dangerous when it is used as intended.
- Manufacturing defects: With this legal theory, liability can occur from a defect when the product is manufactured.
- Marketing defects: A marketing defect means the product may have had improper instructions or warnings.
Also, there are several ways that an injured consumer can file a product liability action because of a defective product:
- Negligence: The plaintiff must show that the organization that put the product on the market had a duty to provide a safe product for foreseeable uses. Also, the company did not meet its obligations, and the consumer was injured.
- Breach of express and implied warranties: With a breach of express warranty, you must show there was a violation of the written warranty covering the product. With breach of implied warranty, you must prove that the defect in the product made it unfit for its intended use.
- Strict liability: Under this standard, you only have to show that the product was defective. You do not need to show that any party was at fault in the distribution chain.
What are Some Defective Product Lawsuit Damages?
If you are injured by a defective product in South Carolina, you could receive some or all of these damages:
- Income that you lost or will lose because of your injuries.
- Reduction of earning potential.
- Costs of medical care you received.
- Costs of physical rehabilitation.
- Income you will lose because of a long-term disability.
- Pain and suffering.
- Emotional distress.
- Reduced quality of life.
How Can Our Charleston Product Liability Lawyers Fight For Your Rights?
A defective or faulty product can severely injure or even kill consumers. If you’ve been hurt by one of these products, the manufacturer, designer, or retailer could be responsible for your injuries and damages.
However, the at-fault company will probably not cough up money without a fight. That’s where our Charleston product liability lawyers at l Mark Tanenbaum’s office come into play. Our lawyers will fight for maximum compensation for your medical bills, lost earnings, and pain and suffering.
Schedule a free consultation today for your product liability case by calling (843) 577-5100 or using our online contact form to get in touch. Our product liability Lawyers fight for injured clients in all of South Carolina including Charleston, Berkeley, Dorchester, and Beaufort counties.