Motorcycle Accident Lawyer In Charleston, SC
The South Carolina Department of Public Safety states that a motorcycle accident kills a South Carolinian every 3.3 days. South Carolina drivers must drive safely and watch out for motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians. Unfortunately, motorists may drive recklessly around motorcyclists or don’t see them, which may lead to severe and sometimes fatal accidents.
Learn about South Carolina motorcycle accidents below. Then, if you were injured recently, our Charleston motorcycle accident lawyers at Mark. C. Tanenbaum, PA may assist you with a personal injury claim. Our motorcycle accident lawyers have developed a strong reputation in South Carolina for tough, detail-oriented litigation for our clients.
Why Are Motorcycle Accidents So Dangerous?
All motor vehicle accidents can cause severe injury or death, but the risk is far greater with motorcycles. Here is why:
- Motorcycles are less stable. They have only two wheels, not four, so maneuvering around obstacles on the road is more dangerous.
- Motorcycles have no protection. In a car, you have a protective steel frame, seat belts, and airbags to protect you. Motorcyclists are entirely exposed to crash forces.
- Motorcycles are more challenging to see: Motorcycles are smaller and slimmer than cars, and many drivers are not looking for them on the road. This is illustrated by the frequency of horrific left-turn accidents, where the turning car driver doesn’t see an oncoming motorcycle.
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, odds are that you are seriously injured and need the lawyers at Mark C. Tanenbaum, PA to get you the most compensation.
How Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen In South Carolina?
The most common causes of motorcycle accidents in the state are:
- Blind spots: All cars have blind spots on the side of the vehicle. Even with mirrors, drivers cannot easily see in these blind spots without turning and looking. Motorcycles are smaller and can be easily obscured in a driver’s blind spot.
- Dooring: This happens when a car driver is parked on the roadside and opens the door into the motorcyclist.
- Speeding: Speeding is always dangerous and even more so when motorcycles are present. A speeder has less time to slow down and come to a stop in an emergency.
Do You Need An Lawyer After A Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycle accidents typically involve serious injuries - brain trauma, spinal cord injuries, shattered bones, severe road rash, internal bleeding, and more. When another party caused the accident, having a motorcycle accident lawyer in your corner is advised.
Severe injuries from motorcycle accidents involve high medical bills and possibly months or even years of disability. You must receive sufficient compensation to cover your current and future medical expenses and other damages.
Few non-lawyers have the legal knowledge or skill to maximize their payout in a personal injury claim or lawsuit. Mark C. Tanenbaum, PA does. Our lawyers in Charleston know the law and what your claim is worth and will maximize your financial recovery.
Our Charleston Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Will Fight For You
If you suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, you could receive compensation if another driver caused the accident. Our Charleston motorcycle accident lawyers have a long, successful record of obtaining satisfactory client settlements and verdicts. For a complimentary motorcycle accident claim consultation, call (843) 577-5100 or complete our online contact form. Our lawyers represent motorcycle accident victims in all portions of South Carolina, including Charleston, Berkeley, Dorchester, and Beaufort counties.