Charleston Medical Malpractice Attorneys Dedicated To Justice
When you go to a doctor or other licensed health care provider, you are putting your health in the hands of another person. You expect that person to be properly trained and provide care that at least meets the standards of the medical profession. Unfortunately, sometimes medical providers make mistakes that should never happen.
The law office of Mark C. Tanenbaum, P.A., in Charleston, South Carolina, provides legal representation for those who have suffered a serious injury or lost a loved one due to medical negligence, commonly known as medical malpractice. We are dedicated to doing everything we can to hold doctors, hospital staff and other medical professionals accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
Not every medical injury or death is due to malpractice. Sometimes doctors and medical staff do everything they should do, and the patient still has a bad outcome. As long as your care met the standard of care for health care providers, the medical provider would not be considered to have committed malpractice.
However, if your doctor failed to meet the standard of care, and you were injured as a result, you may be the victim of medical malpractice. The following are examples of malpractice:
- Failure to order appropriate tests to diagnose injury or illness;
- Failure to diagnose a serious illness such as cancer or heart attack, despite observable symptoms;
- Surgical errors, such as damaging a healthy organ during an operation;
- Failure to monitor a patient for infection or other complications;
- Medication errors, such as prescribing or dispensing the wrong drug or the wrong dose of a drug;
- Birth injuries caused by failure to monitor the fetus, delayed cesarean section or other negligence; and
- Injuries caused by a nurse’s failure to properly and timely assist or monitor a patient.
Call Us For A Free Attorney Consultation
For a free medical malpractice case evaluation, please call our firm at 843-737-6279 to arrange a free consultation with one of our experienced lawyers. You can also complete our online form to get started.
Connect with Mark on Google+