Was Your Medical Condition Misdiagnosed?
With early diagnosis, many serious medical conditions can be successfully treated. Unfortunately, if the condition is misdiagnosed or not diagnosed unless the disease reaches a late stage, the patient may suffer a serious injury or die.
The law office of Mark C. Tanenbaum, P.A., in Charleston, South Carolina, represents people who have suffered a serious injury or lost a loved one due to misdiagnosis of cancer, heart attack, stroke or another serious medical condition. To discuss your case with a medical negligence or malpractice attorney at our firm, call 843-737-6279 or toll free at 866-320-0354 for a free consultation.
Should The Doctor Have Diagnosed My Medical Condition?
Doctors are human beings, and sometimes illnesses develop quickly without obvious symptoms. In other cases, even if your doctor had an opportunity to diagnose your condition sooner, it may not have led to a different outcome.
However, if your doctor had an opportunity to diagnose your condition and failed to do so in a timely manner, and earlier treatment would have made a difference, you may have a case of medical negligence or malpractice.
The following are examples of misdiagnosis:
- Failure to diagnose a treatable form of a disease such as cancer despite visible symptoms;
- Failure to order appropriate tests for someone your age or with your symptoms;
- Failure to timely and accurately review lab test results or medical images, and inform you of the results;
- Discharging you from an emergency room despite symptoms of heart attack, stroke or other serious illness; and
- Failure to diagnose acute illness such as an infection, meningitis or appendicitis.
Call Us Today If You Think Your Condition Was Misdiagnosed
For a free evaluation of your misdiagnosis case, please call our firm at 843-737-6279 or complete our online contact form to arrange a free consultation with one of our experienced lawyers. We want to help.